Download E-books Mastering PostCSS for Web Design PDF
- Incorporate state-of-the-art kinds on your web content with PostCSS
- Simplify the method of writing CSS to a superb volume utilizing PostCSS shortcuts, fallbacks, and pack plugins
- This in-depth, step by step advisor might help you grasp PostCSS, to create outstanding and responsive net designs
PostCSS is a device that has quick emerged because the way forward for present preprocessors akin to SASS and not more, in most cases as a result of its strength, velocity, and simplicity of use. This finished advisor bargains in-depth counsel on incorporating state-of-the-art kinds into your website and whilst keeping the functionality and maintainability of your code.
The ebook will express how one can make the most of PostCSS to simplify the complete technique of stylesheet authoring. It covers a variety of suggestions so as to add dynamic and smooth styling beneficial properties in your websites. because the ebook progresses, you are going to tips on how to make CSS code extra maintainable via benefiting from the modular structure of PostCSS. by way of the tip of this booklet, you are going to have mastered the paintings of including smooth CSS results to web content via authoring excessive appearing, maintainable stylesheets.
What you are going to learn
- Add mixin and variable aid to PostCSS in addition to conditional support
- Explore the several methods of nesting code equivalent to BEM and traditional nesting inside of PostCSS
- Optimize media queries equipped with PostCSS to get the simplest performance
- Add dynamic styling parts reminiscent of pictures, fonts, grids, and SVG and retina aid utilizing present preprocessors in addition to PostCSS
- Get conversant in utilizing plugins, and expand PostCSS with the API
- Build a completely operating customized preprocessor and try out it on assorted websites comparable to WordPress
- Write a customized syntax in PostCSS whereas nonetheless utilizing pre-built syntaxes comparable to much less, SASS, or Stylus
- Provide help for destiny CSS akin to CSS4 utilizing present CSS3 classes
About the Author
Alex Libby's history is in IT support―he has been curious about aiding finish clients for nearly two decades in quite a few assorted environments; a up to date switch in position now sees Alex operating as an MVT try developer for an international distributor established within the united kingdom. even supposing Alex will get to play with varied applied sciences in his day activity, his first real love has consistently been the open resource move, and specifically, experimenting with CSS/CSS3, jQuery, and HTML5. so far, Alex has written 10 books on topics akin to jQuery, HTML5 video, SASS, and CSS for Packt and has reviewed numerous more―Mastering PostCSS website design is Alex's 11th booklet for Packt.
Table of Contents
- Introducing PostCSS
- Creating Variables and Mixins
- Nesting Rules
- Building Media Queries
- Managing shades, photographs, and Fonts
- Creating Grids
- Animating Elements
- Creating PostCSS Plugins
- Working with Shortcuts, Fallbacks, and Packs
- Building a customized Processor
- Manipulating customized Syntaxes
- Mixing Preprocessors
- Troubleshooting PostCSS Issues
- Preparing for the Future
By Ellen Finkelstein
So that you have a company and you have got a website. Bravo! You’re doing the entire correct issues to achieve success. yet wait — the data in your site should be up to date, and your buyers want to know. solid heavens, didn’t you spend half final week doing that? There’s obtained to be a speedier, more straightforward technique to preserve your shoppers expert, and whereas we’re at it, how approximately construction your online business too?
RSS can come in your rescue, yet first you must comprehend what it really is and the way to take advantage of it. Syndicating websites With RSS Feeds For Dummies has what you must recognize to wake up and working fast—and with today’s flood of constantly-changing details, “fast” is a best priority.
Here, in simple English, you’ll learn the way to:
- Use RSS to force site visitors on your website and construct model awareness
- Choose and set up the suitable software program, manage RSS feeds, and judge at the layout that meets your needs
- Create RSS feeds from scratch, or placed a information reader in your internet site
- Improve your site’s rating in se's and construct buyer loyalty
- Enable your shoppers to settle on whilst and the way they obtain up-to-date information
- Tailor info on your viewers and submit your entire updates fast and easily
- Promote your RSS feed and clarify in your clients easy methods to use it
- Provide additional price in your customers
Making the main of RSS could make existence more uncomplicated for either you and those that do company with you. Syndicating websites With RSS Feeds For Dummies may also help you retain clean content material in your website, web publication, or e-zine, advertise your website and determine hyperlinks to it, or even replace important files like worker publications, tariffs, and techniques manuals, fast and easily.
As XML is extra extensively utilized in either sites and enterprise purposes, the necessity to insure safety of XML dependent purposes grows. such a lot books on XML have at top a bankruptcy dedicated to safety matters, and there's just one different e-book at present out there dedicated solely to XML safeguard. This booklet will express builders all they should find out about easy methods to use XML electronic Signatures to guard the integrity and authenticity of information, and the way to take advantage of XML Encryption to manage its confidentiality. The lead writer is on the heart of the IETF and W3C operating teams formalizing the factors, so there isn't any one larger certified to write down approximately them. The publication also will attract networking/security execs who have to commence facing the influence of XML on community defense.
By Helmut Vonhoegen
"The middle applied sciences of Ajax are particularly simple; the difficult half is using them within the actual global. thankfully, the authors were placing Ajax into perform given that lengthy ahead of the time period ‘Ajax’ used to be even coined. firm AJAX deals very good assurance of concerns infrequently defined to this point, yet usually encountered by way of firm developers—including architecting of Ajax purposes, and the way to accommodate such matters as usability, safeguard, and reliability."
-DR. MICHAEL MAHEMOFF, PH.D. writer of Ajax layout styles (AjaxPatterns.org)
"Just for those who suggestion you knew all you must learn about Ajax, Dave, Alexei, and Andre strength open your skull and dump a dumptruck choked with company Ajax recommendations, top practices, and well-merited specialist perception onto your mind. so that it will combine a few critical Ajax into your critical enterprise functions, the cast info and suggestion you get from this booklet permit you to achieve this with confidence."
-BRENT ASHLEY, internet Developer and Ajax Pioneer
"I can’t reflect on any larger authors for a ebook on company AJAX. The booklet is certain to be a necessary reference for builders internationally engaged on the subsequent new release of net applications."
-MATT MCKENZIE, software program improvement supervisor, LiveCycle, Adobe structures Inc.
-CHRISTIAN VAN EEDEN, Senior software expert, Schenker DB Logistics
BUILD trustworthy, SCALABLE, ENTERPRISE-CLASS internet functions WITH AJAX
Writing for firm builders, architects, and consumer interface experts, the authors clarify why AJAX bargains such nice promise in large-scale improvement. subsequent, they systematically introduce today’s key AJAX innovations and components.
You'll stroll via constructing frameworks for development AJAX functions that mix information tables, internet varieties, charts, seek, and filtering: the very platforms companies depend upon in CRM, ERP, BI, and past. Then, construction in this robust origin, the authors determine confirmed AJAX architectural styles, and current case stories drawn from real .NET and Java AJAX purposes. Coverge includes
- Using AJAX to enforce Model-View-Controller (MVC) within the browser
- Encapsulating person interface performance to facilitate code reuse and decrease cross-browser improvement difficulties
- Overcoming the original safeguard demanding situations linked to AJAX net purposes
- Optimizing AJAX usability: the "back" button, caching, bookmarking, offline utilization, and beyond
From protection to scalability to undertaking possibility, this is often the one booklet to hide the entire concerns dealing with AJAX builders within the firm. no matter if you’re migrating legacy HTML interfaces or construction new purposes from scratch, you’ll locate it totally indispensable.
ABOUT THE WEBSITE
www.enterpriseajax.com comprises code samples, case reviews, tutorials, dwell demos, and different AJAX resources.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
David Johnson has decades of expertise with AJAX-related applied sciences. he's co-founder and CTO of Nitobi, manufacturer of an element library designed to hurry AJAX improvement. Johnson has written broadly for print and on-line guides, together with JavaWorld.com and XML.com. Alexei White is Product supervisor at Nitobi. Andre Charland, co-founder, President, and CEO of Nitobi, is an skilled net software program developer.
By David Benyon
Designing Interactive platforms is the definitive better half to the examine of human-computer interplay (HCI), usability, consumer event (UX) and interplay layout. David Benyon has absolutely up to date the content material to incorporate the latest and most enjoyable developments inside this speedily altering box. The booklet covers the complete of the HCI and UX curriculum for college kids and practitioners alike. The booklet comprises quite a few case reviews and illustrations taken from the author's broad event of designing interactive platforms and growing enticing consumer reviews. every one bankruptcy contains thought-provoking workouts and demanding situations and reflective pull-outs pointing readers to comparable parts of analysis.
By Adam McDaniel
Visually discover the variety of integrated and third-party libraries of Perl and Apache
Perl and Apache were offering universal Gateway Interface (CGI) entry to websites for twenty years and are continually evolving to help the ever-changing calls for of net clients. With this e-book, you'll heighten your wisdom and notice the right way to usePerl and Apache to advance dynamic internet sites.
Beginning with a transparent, step by step rationalization of the way to put in Perl and Apache on either home windows and Linux servers, then you circulation directly to configuring every one to safely offer CGI prone. CGI developer and writer Adam McDaniel indicates suggestions for successfully constructing and protecting dynamic websites and he stocks real-world examples describing MySQL database entry, PayPal credit-card transactions, and pattern fb and Twitter interfaces.
- Apache and Perl were supplying universal Gateway Interface (CGI) entry to net websites for greater than twenty years, and either items are continuously evolving to aid modern day person requirements
- Shows find out how to set up Perl and Apache on home windows and Linux servers and configure every one to safely supply CGI services
- Details suggestions for successfully constructing and holding dynamic internet sites
- Addresses MySQL database entry and PayPal credit-card transactions, and examines pattern fb and Twitter interfaces
With this booklet, you’ll reap the benefits of a wealth of suggestions and assets that you simply won’t locate at any place else.
By Myriam Friggens
"Tales, Trails and Tommyknockers" is a suite of interesting tales for teens from Colorado’s prior. equipment Carson, leader Ouray and Molly Brown, in addition to Father Dyer, Colorado’s so much bold skier, and Silver Heels, the angel of Fairplay, are only a number of the unforgettable characters delivered to lifestyles within the e-book. The misplaced gold mine of the Sangre de Cristos and Tommyknockers, the pleasant ghosts who seemed to miners at risk, upload a marginally of the mythical. (Intermediate point)
By Amy Lupold Bair, Susannah Gardner
The most sensible e-book on running a blog, up-to-date and higher than ever!
The blogosphere retains altering and evolving, and so does this best running a blog consultant. a good booklet no matter if you are simply beginning out or are already running a blog frequently, this ebook offers good details on running a blog fundamentals, the anatomy of a great web publication, and the instruments you want to start. you will how you can arrange an account, locate plentiful insurance of social plug-ins and rising systems like Squarespace and Overblog, and observe savvy how one can write your first put up. better of all, the e-book explores how one can make actual funds out of your ardour and turn into a qualified blogger.
- Updates you at the newest running a blog software program and utilities
- Explains search engine marketing, so new readers will locate your blog
- Reviews advertisements instruments and strategies you should use to draw readers
- Helps you combine your web publication with social media
- Delves into specialist running a blog and the way to generate income out of your blog
Start running a blog like a qualified with the hot version of this most sensible consultant, Blogging For Dummies, fifth Edition.
By Damon Dean, Andy Cowitt
Your one-stop advisor to 6 nice Macromedia instruments for development net sites
It's like a Web-site-in-a-book! First, there is a few website perception that can assist you come to a decision what you will have your web site to do. Then it truly is into the nitty-gritty of creating it occur - development with Dreamweaver, including animation with Flash, permitting collaboration with give a contribution, utilizing ColdFusion to entry databases, and a complete lot more.
Discover how to
- Plan content material to your site
- Use CSS styles
- Incorporate types into your pages
- Beef up Flash videos with ActionScript
- Use queries in ColdFusion
- Integrate the entire Macromedia products