Download E-books The Official Joomla! Book (2nd Edition) (Joomla! Press) PDF
By Jennifer Marriott, Elin Waring
“Joomla! is ready permitting usual humans to do impressive things, and that's precisely what the authors of this publication do for its readers. . . . I current this e-book on your excitement. It starts off with how we started and takes you on a trip via that you can be empowered to arrive the world.”
–From the Foreword to the 1st variation through Andrew Eddie, cofounder, Joomla!
The professional Joomla!® e-book, moment variation, is the authoritative and finished Joomla! reference for each administrator, developer, fashion designer, and content material manager. Distilling the unsurpassed event of 2 long-time Joomla! participants, it teaches precisely what you want to be aware of, via functional instance websites and crystal-clear explanations.
If you’re new to Joomla!, you’ll methods to fast create usable, powerful websites. If you’re an skilled Joomla! consumer, you’ll research easy methods to make your websites extra versatile, feature-rich, visually appealing, and necessary, taking complete good thing about the good points in Joomla! three and Joomla! 2.5. And even if new or skilled, you’ll learn the way Joomla! quite works, so that you can totally leverage its strength every time you’re prepared. You’ll additionally get to understand the Joomla! group by way of listening to from seventeen neighborhood participants via in-depth interviews, and you’ll methods to perform the Joomla! undertaking in ways in which make experience for you.
The authentic Joomla!® booklet, moment version, covers every thing from set up to usability, templates to extensions. The authors clarify each one key inspiration conversationally, aiding you discover ways to support your self and expectantly achieve keep watch over over Joomla! and the websites you construct with it. additionally they current chapter-length software case stories for company, non-profits, and schooling. you'll find out how to
- Plan websites successfully sooner than you begin construction them
- Create construction websites speedy whereas warding off universal mistakes
- Install and configure Joomla! for max efficiency
- Create and edit content material in your Joomla! site
- Customize and paintings with Joomla! templates and create a easy template
- Work with extensions: parts, modules, plugins, and languages
- Efficiently administer Joomla! sites
- Maintain Joomla! websites, together with making again ups and handling improvements and migrations among versions
- Participate within the Joomla! group as a consumer and contributor
By Julia Angwin
A fast paced and deeply stated examine the not likely luck of MySpace, the internet 2.0 phenomenon, and the drama surrounding one of many greatest offers of the net age. slightly funded, technologically inept, conceptually spinoff, and pushed through rivalries, the corporate that was once to morph into the most important web site on the earth had an not likely starting. this is often the interesting and fabulous tale that incorporates the entire parts of an excellent enterprise narrative: obsessive characters from co-founders Tom Anderson and Chris DeWolfe to Rupert Murdock, relentless and not likely innovation, and dizzying again room deal-making; all situated round an epic conflict for keep watch over.
By Charles Wyke-Smith
EVEN the main expert internet DESIGNERS can locate the complexities of making a full-functioned site to be a frightening job. right here to aid designers create websites that not just paintings, yet paintings good and are effortless to replace and keep is an easy-to-read consultant to net programming fundamentals from best-selling writer Charles Wyke-Smith. simply as architects have to comprehend construction fabrics and their houses, internet designers have to comprehend the code that serves because the beginning of their websites. Wyke-Smith guarantees they do by way of instructing designers that every one dynamic sites include primarily 3 elements: a browser interface, net server middleware, and a database. The consultant covers every little thing from net coding ideas and ideas to development websites, designing visible interfaces, constructing databases, constructing middleware, making sure an exceptional person adventure (through sturdy code!), trying out and debugging, and extra.
- Create dynamic websites that offer real-time responses to person inputs
- Understand the elemental constructions of all coding languages, comparable to variables, services, conditionals, loops, and objects
- Use the ability of Hypertext Preprocessor to software the company ideas of your site
- Learn thoughts for validating types to reject inaccurate or malicious data
- Import and export information from different purposes through at les
- Build and question database tables utilizing SQL to control the information generated through your site’s activity
- Develop an easy content material administration system
- Develop a password-protected members-only region of your internet site
- Build a template-based site with dynamic navigation
By Ric Shreves
Guidance for directors, content material managers and internet publishers on utilizing Drupal for content material management
Start construction and coping with websites with the open-source content material administration method Drupal 7 and this in-depth consultant. no matter if you are new to Drupal or migrating from one other method, you can find the ideas and methods you want to comprehend Drupal, create a brand new website, or deal with an latest one. tips on how to create, adjust, and delete items-and a lot more-with the distinct tutorials during this step by step guide.
- Teaches you the way to exploit a Drupal website, in addition to the way to organize, configure, and customise a brand new website, together with acquiring code and deploying it to a server
- Covers complex themes like multilingual content material administration, publishing workflows, or perspectives and Panels
- Shows you ways to paintings with Drupal 7's new fields and customized content material types
Get at the Drupal bandwagon with this entire guide.
By Arturo Fernandez Montoro
CSS allows you to create professional-looking web pages, yet studying its finer issues may be tricky—even for pro internet builders. This totally up to date variation offers the main smooth and potent information, tips, and tutorial-based guideline on CSS on hand at the present time. the right way to use new instruments resembling Flexbox and Sass to construct websites that glance nice and run speedy on any computer or cellular gadget. excellent for informal and skilled designers alike.
The vital things you have to know:
- Start with the basics. Write CSS-friendly HTML, together with the HTML5 tags famous through today’s browsers.
- Design for cellular devices. Create websites that glance nice whilst viewers use them at the go.
- Make your pages paintings for you. upload animations that seize the mind's eye, and varieties that get the task done.
- Take keep an eye on of web page layouts. Use specialist layout thoughts similar to floats and positioning.
- Make your layouts extra flexible. layout web pages with Flexbox that vary to assorted units and display sizes.
- Work extra efficiently. Write much less CSS code and paintings with smaller documents, utilizing Syntactically notable Stylesheets (Sass).
By Wojciech Kocjan
This e-book specializes in the hot positive factors of Nagios and should train readers to safe their platforms in a miles stronger demeanour. the objective readers for this e-book are method directors attracted to utilizing Nagios. This ebook will introduce Nagios with the hot positive factors of model three for procedure directors.
By Kevin Hatch
PostNuke content material Management is a pragmatic, application-oriented advisor to development content-driven web content and portals with the PostNuke package deal. site builders will locate that this advisor may help you get your site up and working quick. you will find out how to set up and setup PostNuke and use it to construct fully-customizeable content-focused web content. every one part will take you to a brand new point of website improvement and should train you counsel, methods and hacks to customise the functionality and interface precisely on your particular wishes. writer Kevin Hatch keeps a well-liked personal home page and PostNuke on-line instructional and is an skilled PostNuke person, so that you are absolute to get thorough PostNuke info via this book.
By Beatrice A. Boateng, Kwasi Boateng
A pragmatic consultant, this e-book offers step by step directions for development your social networking procedure, showcasing real-world examples all through. This ebook is for people or associations meaning to improve a social networking method utilizing the Joomla! content material administration approach. it really is compatible for either the beginner and the complicated Joomla! person. there's no want for scripting or programming wisdom. All that's required is enthusiasm and the selection to enforce a undertaking.