Download E-books Designing for XOOPS: A Designer's Quickstart Guide to Content Management PDF
By Sun Ruoyu
Learn how you can customise web content with XOOPS, the open resource CMS that is helping non-developers construct dynamic group web pages, intranets, and different purposes. This concise booklet exhibits you the way to exploit XOOPS subject matters and modules to layout every little thing from basic blogs to massive database-driven CMS portals.
Web designers and present XOOPS clients will find out how to create a website topic with CSS and jQuery libraries, together with thoughts for making extra modules comply with the site's appear and feel. even supposing XOOPS makes use of the PHP-based Smarty templating process, all you would like is slightly XHTML and CSS adventure to get started.
- Learn the workflow for turning an idea right into a full-featured website
- Become conversant in XOOPS’ theme-building instruments, and organize Hypertext Preprocessor and MySQL environments
- Port an present XHTML template to XOOPS
- Create issues with the 960 Grid approach to avoid wasting time and decrease code
- Use jQuery-based UI libraries to accomplish advanced effects
- Blend new modules into your topic with the template override function
- Go past conventional block layouts to customise your homepage
A variety of books abound for the start programmer who desires to examine XML, yet there are few studying assets on hand when you are already educated in XML and want expert-level recommendation to assist maximize their workflow. complicated XML functions from the specialists on the XML Guild offers this type of source, written by way of the professional programmers on the XML Guild. The booklet isn't really meant to be one other exhaustive XML "bible," fairly, it is a number of complex counsel and strategies that the authors have utilized in the true world-and at the moment are chuffed to proportion with you. every one bankruptcy is written via the guild member thought of to be the specialist on a selected subject.
This ebook supplies the main updated photo of the topic―XML aid within the most recent internet browsers, developing XML-driven purposes utilizing the main types of net criteria and server-side languages, together with CSS 2.1/3, DOM, XSLT and XPath 2, Hypertext Preprocessor five, ASP.NET 2, and lots of extra. The publication exhibits so that you can provide the reader all they should recognize to hit the floor operating, with no making them trawl via countless numbers of pages of syntax. The publication additionally presents an creation to Ajax-style programming, that is a necessary subject for contemporary net builders to appreciate. XML is middle to Ajax, so an knowing of it really is crucial while studying the right way to application Ajax performance. This ebook accordingly offers a good stepping stone for readers wishing to take this path.
Upload seamless, interactive, user-controlled supply in your Flash functions. This e-book builds upon your realizing of easy ActionScript (AS) syntax with the foundational abilities you need to use XML in Flash functions and AS2 or AS3 emigrate your latest functions.
Beginning with an creation to XML, XML parsing equipment, and a quick advent to AS2 you find out how to create a common XML load/onload type in addition to a common XHTML parser. then you definately use elements utilizing XML because the facts resource, together with the menu, menubar, datagrid and tree part. ultimately, an educational project-the layout and improvement of a true property site that comprises an XML seek engine-pulls all of it including hands-on adventure.
All the functions use XML because the information resource and are written as type records. opt for elements of the true property site are redeveloped in AS3 for reasons of representation. the recent XML classification is gifted and particular code examples exhibit thoughts to use tools and use houses. specific consciousness is paid to the diversities among AS2 and AS3 and the way to successfully transition from one AS model to the other.
The better half CD comprises code for all the houses and techniques of the AS2, AS3, and XML classification examples. elements for the genuine property website venture also are supplied.
By Priscilla Walmsley
“XML Schema 1.1 has long past from robust facts typing to definitely stalwart—so strong it might implement database point constraints and company principles, so your facts move code won’t need to. This publication covers the 1.1 changes—and more—in its 500 revisions to Priscilla Walmsley’s 10-year best-selling vintage. It’s the advisor you want to navigate XML Schema’s complexity—and grasp its power!”
—Charles F. Goldfarb
For Ten Years the World’s favourite advisor to XML Schema—Now largely Revised for model 1.1 and Today’s top Practices!
To leverage XML’s complete energy, enterprises desire shared vocabularies in line with XML Schema. For an entire decade, Definitive XML Schema has been the main useful, available, and usable advisor to operating with XML Schema. Now, writer Priscilla Walmsley has completely up to date her vintage to totally replicate XML Schema 1.1, and to provide new most sensible practices for designing winning schemas.
Priscilla helped create XML Schema as a member of the W3C XML Schema operating team, so she is definitely certified to give an explanation for the W3C suggestion with perception and readability. Her booklet teaches functional strategies for writing schemas to aid any software, together with many new use instances. You’ll realize how XML Schema 1.1 presents a rigorous, entire specification for modeling XML record constitution, content material, and datatypes; and stroll during the many elements of designing and making use of schemas, together with composition, example validation, documentation, and namespaces. Then, construction at the basics, Priscilla introduces robust complicated concepts starting from sort derivation to identification constraints. This edition’s huge new assurance includes
- Many new layout tricks, counsel, and methods – plus a whole bankruptcy on growing an firm process for schema improvement and maintenance
- Design concerns in developing schemas for relational and object-oriented types, narrative content material, and net services
- An all-new bankruptcy on assertions
- Coverage of recent 1.1 positive factors, together with overrides, conditional style project, open content material and more
- Modernized ideas for naming and design
- Substantially up-to-date assurance of extensibility, reuse, and versioning
- And a lot more
If you’re an XML developer, architect, or content material expert, with this moment version you could subscribe to the tens of millions who depend upon Definitive XML Schema for useful insights, deeper realizing, and recommendations that work.
By Axel Tüting
By Shelley Powers
Microsoft's energetic Server Pages (ASP) expertise has develop into wildly well liked by internet builders. even if, the thoughts for constructing customized ASP elements, let alone the inevitable snags and pitfalls, usually are not good documented. what is extra, the profitable ASP part developer has to be a jack-of-all-trades, with a few wisdom of COM and COM+, threading versions, and the ASP item version, in addition to a mastery of 1 or extra language instruments and improvement environments.That's the place Developing ASP Components, 2d version, is available in. Its first part explores the subjects every body must recognize to improve potent ASP components:
- Configuring the ASP improvement environment.
- ASP elements and the part item version (COM).
- ASP parts and threading models.
- ASP elements and part companies, which offer various prone to ASP components.
- The gadgets, houses, equipment, and occasions on hand within the ASP item model.
ASP parts are language self sufficient, and builders more and more are likely to use greater than a unmarried language device. therefore the rest of the e-book specializes in ASP part improvement utilizing one in all significant improvement tools--Microsoft visible uncomplicated and Microsoft visible C++ (with the ActiveX Template Library)--along with a few different languages, comparable to Perl and Delphi. every one part makes a speciality of the problems that drawback the ASP part developer utilizing that specific improvement surroundings. those concerns include:
- gaining access to ASP's intrinsic objects.
- gaining access to info utilizing ADO.
- developing n-tier internet purposes with VB.
- dealing with endurance utilizing MFC besides visible C++/ATL.
It's this powerful specialise in significant improvement environments, in addition to an intensive grounding in crucial ASP themes, that makesDeveloping ASP Components the definitive source for the ASP program and part developer.
By Benjamin Melancon, Bojhan Somers, Stephane Corlosquet, Roy Scholten, Mike Gifford
The Definitive advisor to Drupal 7 is the main accomplished e-book for construction websites utilizing the robust and extensible Drupal content material administration framework.
Written by way of lively neighborhood participants and members (some of the "brightest and such a lot cutting edge minds within the Drupal community," to cite Angela Byron, Drupal 7 maintainer), the Definitive advisor to Drupal 7 covers the fundamentals then quick advances to in-depth exploration of the performance and instruments that make Drupal so robust for development net purposes. simply as very important, this e-book offers the reader with a consultant to partaking within the Drupal neighborhood: a global, devoted, quickly growing to be group of themers, builders, and open resource advocates who write the modules, try the code, and paintings eternally to make Drupal nice. the discharge of Drupal 7, with its dramatic advancements in usability and procedure structure, will take Drupal to a brand new point of recognition, and this e-book can assist provide the starting place and scaffolding to develop with Drupal.
With The Definitive consultant to Drupal 7, it is possible for you to to:
- Plan and construct an entire Drupal website with middle alone.
- Extend Drupal's performance by means of choosing from hundreds of thousands of modules.
- Make your Drupal web site seem like something you will want with theming and jQuery.
- Extend Drupal by means of coding your personal modules.
- Install Drupal in lots of environments.
- Use crucial instruments reminiscent of Drush and Git to make your existence easier.
- Contribute to the Drupal neighborhood as an organizer or a coder.
Who this ebook is for a person who's thinking about recovering at Drupal.
desk of Contents
- Building a Drupal 7 Site
- Essential instruments: Drush and Git
- Building Dynamic Pages utilizing perspectives
- There's a Module for That
- Creating neighborhood websites with natural teams
- Security in Drupal
- Updating Drupal
- Extending Your website
- Drupal Community: Getting aid and getting concerned
- Planning and coping with a Drupal undertaking
- Documenting for finish clients and the construction staff
- Development atmosphere
- Putting a web site on-line and Deploying New beneficial properties
- Developing from a Human approach
- Advanced Theming
- Introduction to Module improvement
- Using Drupal's APIs in a Module
- Refining Your Module
- Porting Modules to Drupal 7
- Writing Project-Specific Code
- Introduction to useful trying out with Simpletest
- Writing an incredible Module
- Drupal trade
- Scaling Drupal
- Spice Your content material Up with Tasty Semantics
- The Menu procedure and the trail Into Drupal
- Under the Hood: inside of Drupal while It Displays a web page
- Search and Apache Solr Integration
- User adventure
- Completing a website: the opposite ninety%
- Drupal Distributions and set up Profiles
- Drupal's Story: A Chain of Many unforeseen occasions
- Now you are in company: creating a Living with Drupal
- Maintaining a venture
- Contributing to the neighborhood
- Appendix A: Updating a Drupal website from 6 to 7
- Appendix B: Profiling Drupal and Optimizing functionality
- Appendix C: web page Rendering and changing
- Appendix D: visible layout in Drupal
- Appendix E: Accessibility
- Appendix F: home windows improvement atmosphere
- Appendix G: fitting Drupal on Ubuntu
- Appendix H: Mac OS X install
- Appendix I: Setting Up a Drupal atmosphere with the Acquia Dev Desktop
- Benjamin Melançon
- Jacine Luisi
- Károly Négyesi
- Greg Anderson
- Bojhan Somers
- Stéphane Corlosquet
- Stefan Freudenberg
- Michelle Lauer
- Ed Carlevale
- Florian Lorétan
- Dani Nordin
- Ryan Szrama
- Susan Stewart
- Jake Strawn
- Brian Travis
- Dan Hakimzadeh
- Amye Scavarda
- Albert Albala
- Allie Micka
- Robert Douglass
- Robin Monks
- Roy Scholten
- Peter Wolanin
- Kay VanValkenburgh
- Greg Stout
- Kasey Qynn Dolin
- Forest Mars
- Sam Boyer
- Mike Gifford
- Claudina Sarahe
- George Cassie
- Mike Ryan
- Dmitri Gaskin
ZK is an open-source internet improvement framework that allows internet functions to have the wealthy consumer reports and coffee improvement expenditures that computing device functions have had for years. ZK comprises an Ajax-based event-driven engine, wealthy units of XML person Interface Language (XUL) and XHTML elements, and a markup language. The ZK wealthy customer framework takes the so-called server-centric procedure: the content material synchronization of parts and the development pipelining among consumers and servers are instantly performed by means of the engine and Ajax plumbing codes are thoroughly obvious to internet program builders. for that reason, the top clients get wealthy consumer interfaces with comparable engaged interactivity and responsiveness to that of machine purposes, whereas for programmers, improvement continues to be related in simplicity to that of machine purposes. This e-book is a Developer's consultant that steps you thru the ZK framework with examples. It starts off with fitting and configuring ZK and takes you directly to combine it with different frameworks. by the point you're throughout the booklet it is possible for you to to construct an program by yourself.
By Clemens Gull
HTML5 ist die Sprache des net. Und das HTML5-Handbuch von Stefan Münz und Clemens Gull ist die Grammatik dazu. Wie einst die von Stefan Münz mitbegründete Online-referenz SELFHTML beantwortet dieses Buch alle Fragen zum neuen Internetstandard. Immer wichtiger wird dabei die Ausgabe auf Smartphones und capsules, deshalb ist diesem Thema hier ein eigenes Kapitel gewidmet.
Das unverzichtbare Standardwerk für jeden Webprofi!
Die Systematik des neuen HTML
Mit HTML5 ist so viel möglich wie nie zuvor, aber es dient weiterhin im Wesentlichen dazu, Webseiteninhalte zu strukturieren. Anhand konkreter Beispiele führen die Autoren Stefan Münz und Clemens Gull die Leser minutiös an die Systematik der neuen Websprache heran - nichts bleibt außen vor.
Aktive Inhalte einbinden
Dieses Buch zeigt, wie Sie vektorgrafische und Multimedia-Elemente ganz einfach in HTML5 umSetzen und so Ihrer Kreativität freien Lauf lassen. Darüber hinaus erfahren Sie, wie Sie Imagemaps umSetzen und aktive Inhalte in Ihre Seiten integrieren.
Das optimale layout für jedes Gerät mit CSS3
Breiten Raum nimmt auch die Gestaltung mithilfe von Cascading kind Sheets (CSS) ein. Anhand vieler praktischer Beispiele erfahren Sie, wie Sie CSS3 optimum einSetzen und Ihre Inhalte durch Media Queries dem verwendeten Endgerät anpassen.
Alle wichtigen Infos stets zur Hand
Fester Bestandteil dieses Buchs ist ein umfangreicher Referenzteil, in dem Sie alle HTML5-Elemente, -Attribute, HTML5-Events sowie CSS-Eigenschaften finden. Darüber hinaus enthält der Referenzteil eine Zeichenreferenz sowie eine Übersicht über die im web verwendeten Sprachenkürzel.